SURFING! SURFING! SURFING!
Costa Rica has a tropical climate and enjoys year-round water temps around 80 degrees. It has 2 separate coasts, the Pacific and the Caribbean, and receives swells from many different directions depending on the time of the year. There are over 50 well-known, named surf breaks and just as many lesser known ones.
- Surf Lessons in Hermosa - Duration is 23 hours, and includes transportation, surf
instructor, surf board.
- Tortuga Island Tour - The Original "Calypso Catamaran Cruise". Particularly enchanting
for it's beauty, Tortuga Island is known for its immaculate white sand beach and
turquoise waters, a perfect stop for swimming, snorkeling and Calypso's Famous Lunch.
GREAT food. (SEE BELOW)
- Hermosa Canopy Tour - This is an exciting look at one of the few remaining transitional
forest in Costa Rica . The Tour consists of 11 suspended platforms and a hanging bridge
from tree to tree in order to reach the other platform, connected with steel cables,
the total length around seven hundred meters (+2000 feet). The height of the platforms
vary from 60 to 120 feet above the ground.
- Kayak & Snorkeling in Jaco - Includes transportation, guide, kayak, water, fresh fruit
buffet, snorkeling equipment. Duration: 3 hours approximately
- Horseback Riding in Herradura - Includes transportation, guide, horses.
- Sportfishing in Herradura - All full day charters include lunch, beverages, bait and
- Manuel Antonio National Park - A half day trek that includes transportation, entrance
fee & snacks.
- Aerial Tram - What a ride! Includes transportation to and from the Park, meal, guide,
optional hike, all transportation at the Preserve. The Pacific Rain Forest Tram is about
two hours from San José (108 km) and is located 2 miles from the main entrance to
- Carara National Park - Carara National Park covers a low mountainous area of 15,000
acres of an interesting 'transition' forest between the Dry Tropical Forest and the Rainy
one. Home of many mammals, as well as the rare Scarlet Macaw and vast number of
species of plants and trees. Appreciate the wonders of this intricate eco-system. And
- ATV Tour - Includes drinks & snacks. Explore Costa Rica with an ATV! Modern
equipment with all the fixings.
Dining in Hermosa
Jungle Surf is a tiny restaurant located on the road across from the soccer field, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although the menu is small, the food is fantastic in a very laid back picnic atmosphere. Nightly specials…BYOB
Located on the main road in Hermosa in front of the Cabinas, offering large portions and very
affordable local dishes. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Surf atmosphere with reggae
music and surf videos
Variety of dishes ranging from Tex-Mex, and American food including burgers, quesadillas,
etc..They are open from 10am 1pm (breakfast coming soon) and at night, this turns into the
happening bar in the area with ladies night on Wednesday and Friday.
BROWN SUGAR CAFÉ
This is a very small place right in the entrance of Hermosa Beach open from 6am - 6 pm They
offer great natural juices,sandwiches and banana cake. No tables, but a great view of the surf
RANCHO TIPICO DE BETO
Located 5 minutes south from Hermosa, offering a variety of local food at very accessible
prices. They have great casados, fresh fish and ceviche!